For the past several months, I’ve been feeling a little discouraged with my running.
First it was the heat and the resulting goosebumps/lack of sweat that slowed me down and caused me to cut runs short.
Then we adopted Ryland, and though it’s not as hot and humid, I have less opportunity to run and am more tired when I can.
It’s hard not to think of how fast I used to be- that 24:45 5k, that 6:59.59 mile. In February, which I dubbed Fastbruary, every single run was faster than 9:00/mi, even my longer ones. Now it’s a struggle to run 3 or 4 at that pace.
I need to find my new fast. My life is different now; my running is, too. In 5 or 6 months , when Ryland is big enough to be jogged in the stroller and I’ll get to go regularly, I’ll be a lot slower pushing him than I was alone. I’ll have to find a new fast then, too.
For some of you, an 8:30 pace is slow. For others, below 11:00 is fast.
Find your own fast and don’t worry about others.
Be motivated, pushed, inspired by other runners, but don’t compare yourself and determine that you’re slow.
Find your fast.
- medeagoingdown likes this
- i-love-sockz reblogged this from betternikki
- favoriteponitofview reblogged this from betternikki
- talesfromthetoadelf likes this
- lostweightgainedlove likes this
- ashleyfromscratch likes this
- mar-kicksass said: That picture could be a print commercial! Really awesome. :)
- shortmom likes this
- jenturnernyc likes this
- findingmybalance-v2013 likes this
- regainingmymoxy likes this
- deanaisfindinghergroove likes this
- run-doozer-run said: You rock, lady. This post is awesome.
- run-doozer-run likes this
- jonslifechange likes this
- neon-spandex likes this
- abbyroad93 likes this
- szeeee likes this
- sayhellotocindy likes this
- runwrite likes this
- tabathab likes this
- momentsthatmakeupadullday said: this is just what I needed to hear. the past year I’ve been dabbling in running and I run 2-4 times a week, but I always feel like I should be much faster than I am. but hey, a 12:00 pace is a lot better than no pace at all. thank you.
- momentsthatmakeupadullday likes this
- chelsearuns likes this
- happyhealthycook said: HECK YEAH. Great post, Nikki. It’s different for everyone. Right on.
- abitofsilliness likes this
- reinventingaimee likes this
- pattidoestris likes this
- runslikeapenguin said: love this.
- findingthinagain likes this
- betternikki posted this