I made a vlog yesterday.
In it, I ask a question. Any thoughts?
- 300and30 answered: It is never “ok” etiquette-wise to comment on someone’s weight. This is both in the “You’ve gained weight” and the “You’ve lost weight” ways.
- lovethehouse answered: Hi Nikki, i LOVE your blog. However, I think people are just responding to the fact that physiologically, women put on weight when having a
- sherunsfromscalpels likes this
- sparrowrunner said: I love your voice. I had never watched one of your videos before. You are just so amazing.
- chelsearuns said: I have no thing more constructive to add than what has already been said— but I just randomly wanted to say that your voice is so much quieter and soft than I expected! Ha, I keep meaning to say that when you post videos.
- abitofsilliness said: This hadn’t crossed my mind but now that you mention it, I’m not surprised you’ve gotten these comments. I’ll admit, if I see a really in-shape or thin woman with a brand new baby, I wonder how the heck they did it. But I would never SAY anything…
- shortmom said: As a mom and knowing that it can take 6-8 weeks to get back to anywhere near “normal” weight after having a baby, I would probably make a comment about how great you look, too (if I didn’t know you).
- happyhealthycook answered: If it was a stranger, I would just say “thanks” and leave it at that. RUDE. Inappropriate. They have no idea what your story is. Ugh. People
- pattidoestris said: I think that ppl think its ok because society places such high expectations on weight and weight loss. They are trying to give you compliments based on what they would want to hear, but in reality it can have the opposite effect.
- reinventingaimee answered: Not sure why people think it is ok. My babies are teens & people tell me it’s OK I carry weight around my waist b/c I gave birth. also crazy!
- talesfromthetoadelf likes this
- talesfromthetoadelf answered: I think that it’s a society thing to comment on people’s weight, and I think if you are out with a baby people don’t feel intimidated 2 commt
- betternikki posted this