I haven’t really talked about this yet, so I’m answering publicly.
For the most part, it’s wonderful. I really, really love being a mom. Taking care of Ryland makes my heart happy. I’m so excited to see what he will be like as he grows and starts to develop a personality.
I was pretty prepared for a lot of the harder things because I have so much experience with my friends’ kids, the oldest of which is almost 7.
There are times that I’m frustrated. For example, I bought a new formula to help with spit-up last night. It’s thicker than regular formula. Ryland does not like it. He wasn’t finishing his bottles and he was crying while trying to eat. Then he wanted to eat again an hour later. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to exchange it for what we usually use, otherwise it’s going to be a miserable couple of weeks until it’s gone.
And my wrists hurt all the time. Sometimes it’s hard for me to hang on to him because it’s so bad. Even my left wrist, which usually doesn’t bother me, hurts all the time from the carrier.
Oh, and I really, really miss getting to run more often, but I know in ~5 months I’ll be able to take Ryland running in the jogging stroller, so I just have to hold on until then.
Thanks for asking
- abitofsilliness likes this
- snapthistiger likes this
- easybeinggreene said: Do you have a mobi or other baby-wearing device? It could with not having to use your wrists to hold him
- mariesante likes this
- sherunsfromscalpels likes this
- fueledbygoya likes this
- sayhellotocindy likes this
- happyhealthycook likes this
- findingmybalance-v2013 said: Yep. Sounds about right. Hehe. Motherhood. You’re doing fabulous.
- thehealthytexan likes this
- inthelandofpinkandpurple said: I can tell you for me, with both of my girls, it seemed like when they were 3 months old things just totally changed in my house. They slept longer, interacted with you more and it was easier to read them. Thinking of you and so happy for you and your new fam.
- odolnost likes this
- ashleyfromscratch likes this
- betternikki posted this