My running is about to be very limited since I can only go when Jeremy can watch Ryland. Soon it will be dark too quickly after he gets off for me to go during the week, so I will probably only be able to go once on the weekend each week. I can’t actually use my jogging stroller for running until Ryland is about 6 months old.
My plan is to run twice a week until the daylight fails me and walk once or twice a week with Ryland.
Once it gets too dark for weeknight running, I’ll bump the walks up more often until it is too cold for me to have Ryland out for long stretches. Then the stationary bike will take over.
I’m really not going to stress over the cardio, though. Running is what I love. Walking is nice, but I hate the bike unless I’m watching TV (riding my real bike is another story, but that will have to wait a long time). As long as I keep my eating in check (and I’m seriously considering getting Intuitive Eating), I won’t need the extra calorie burn. I burn enough just caring for Ryland.
I never did much strength training for my legs since they are “naturally” muscular, that is, running + genetics did all the work. I’m going to pick up a bit of leg training 1 or 2 times a week, depending on how much sleep I get. I’m going to try to do the same for ab work.
I figure that carrying Ryland is enough of an arm workout, and I don’t want to tire my arms out more, so that will be put on hold.
Really, with all of the above, Ryland comes first, then sleep, and my other wifey duties. Exercise comes after all that. I’m not sacrificing anything more important to have time to workout.
I’ll try to post what I do for my strength workouts, but sometimes I may just mention that I did them.
So we’ll see how all this goes.
- strengthandlace likes this
- lostweightgainedlove likes this
- drewinpursuit said: I see a lot of people running with strollers in NYC. You might be able to try that. Might have to go slower, but it could work. :)
- amyrunning likes this
- chrystidoeslife likes this
- happyhealthycook likes this
- chelsearuns said: Hey, just a reminder that most of us (the cool ones anyway) follow you because we like you as a person. If you don’t post about working out/running, I would still follow your blog :) Because you’re lovely!
- teamagee likes this
- chelsearuns likes this
- snapthistiger said: exercise at home. all you can do is do your best..
- snapthistiger likes this
- thehealthytexan likes this
- largesunglasses likes this
- betternikki posted this