Now for Sunday’s run.
After lunch of a pork roast & potatoes & salad I had cooked all night (not the salad) and put on keep warm while we were at church, I took a nearly 2 hour nap.
When I woke up, I had a snack and got ready to run. It was in the low-mid 70’s a lightly raining- beautiful running weather.
I decided to start off easy since I had no idea how I would fare. As I fell into a rhythm, I sped up a hair. It was the perfect volume of rain- enough to keep you cool and damp but not enough to soak your shoes.
At nearly 7 miles, I had to stop for a potty break. Then I noticed I was running out of time to make it back home and get cleaned up for church, so I gave myself 25 min. or to 9 miles, whichever came first. I kicked it up a couple notches for the last 2 miles. I was beat but exhilarated when I hit 9. I knew I could’ve continued me earlier, slower pace for several more miles. Suddenly the half marathon on Saturday isn’t so daunting after all.
My lovely splits:
My goal is to run the 1st 2 miles that are uphill around 10:00, and then try to keep it a bit under that for the rest, unless I just feel amazing and can go faster.
- leaheatsandmoves likes this
- lostweightgainedlove likes this
- reinventingaimee likes this
- tinkerbellrun likes this
- uhoh-janellio likes this
- amyrunsamok likes this
- for-time likes this
- chelsearuns likes this
- losingitall said: Great spilts :)
- livewhitediepurple said: we both have halfs on saturday! way to go on your run :)
- livewhitediepurple likes this
- happyfitrunnergirl said: You’ll do awesome! Good running you’ve done there!!
- happyfitrunnergirl likes this
- shortmom likes this
- runwrite said: Great run!
- runwrite likes this
- healthybuddha likes this
- snapthistiger likes this
- athletegirl likes this
- vivialive likes this
- runningwithpump likes this
- talesfromthetoadelf likes this
- betternikki posted this