A high school girl I know posted this on Facebook. I know the sentiment behind it. Maybe someone made fun of her body for being curvy and she wanted to say something about it. I’m glad that she was confident enough to post this.
But here’s the thing.
EveryBODY is beautiful. Each individual is attracted to a different type of body, whether it’s a curvy body, not as curvy body, a square body, a pear body, a blue body, you get what I am saying.
I like my body the way it is. I really do. My boyfriend likes my body the way it is. I am 5 foot tall and my body is pretty much straight up and down; the only “curve” I have is my butt (thank you genes and running!).
I guess my point is, when trying to promote body love, don’t just promote one side. The media oftentimes promotes that only one type of body is beautiful, a thin one, and we want to argue against that. That is good but we don’t “win” by saying thin bodies aren’t beautiful.
We win by saying (and believing) that everyBODY is beautiful, just the way it is.
- imaheavyhearttocarry likes this
- ftlotj likes this
- cupcakeconditioning likes this
- perpetualdepletion likes this
- silotude reblogged this from thehealthytexan
- tashuadaybyday likes this
- mylifewithnoregrets likes this
- samishealthy likes this
- shulammitegirl likes this
- deanaisfindinghergroove likes this
- uncutting likes this
- allenstartsover likes this
- chelsearuns likes this
- snapthistiger likes this
- thisfearlesslife likes this
- youcalledallyourshots likes this
- coasttocoastseatosea likes this
- bikesbrainsbetterliving likes this
- betternikki reblogged this from thehealthytexan and added:
- thehealthytexan posted this