Running challenge “day” 19: Show us a picture of your best “I’m a beast runner” runner face!
This is my face after one of the hardest runs I’ve done in a long time. I am a beast because I didn’t walk on a single hill. I’m also a beast because I managed to keep my eyes open despite the sweat dripping into them.
Today I learned that just because you can run hill repeats like a boss doesn’t mean that you’re good at running a hilly route. It was humbling to end up with an average pace above 10:00/mi. Not only did the inclines slow me down, but I’m also pretty slow on the downhill portions because I’m afraid of falling.
The min. & max. elevation I think are both off a little because I was under 200 ft at one point and over 300 at another, but I’m not relying too much on the accuracy of my Garmin on elevation because one time it showed my elevation as increasing when I was standing still.
I also learned that I’m glad I never woke up early to beat the heat because early morning humidity is worse for me. I did this run pretty early because today is my first offical day back to get ready for open house tonight.
- lostweightgainedlove likes this
- strengthandlace likes this
- teamagee likes this
- shortmom likes this
- losingitall likes this
- runningwithguts likes this
- thehealthytexan said: Man those hills look rough!!! Great job :)
- uhoh-janellio likes this
- snapthistiger said: Very well done..
- snapthistiger likes this
- adventureproof likes this
- chelsearuns likes this
- healthybuddha said: You’re the best!
- healthybuddha likes this
- abitofsilliness likes this
- livinglifewithpaige likes this
- thehealthytexan likes this
- betternikki posted this