13. Have you ever been injured because of running? How?
Yes, let’s see…
- high school was when the pain in my feet that felt like the bottoms were being slapped with a board with every step
- so my parents took me to an orthopedic doctor and I got custom orthodics that gave me huge blisters on my arches, so I alternated days of foot pain w/o orthodics and blister pain with them
- in a track meet, I rolled my ankle while landing my last hurdle and scraped up my leg
- as an adult, I have trouble with my hip, which is why I don’t ever run more than 2 days in a row
- I’ve tripped while running 3 times in the last year. 2 times I landed on my wrist which STILL hurts for some things and all 3 times I was a least a little scraped up
14. What was your favorite race you’ve run? If you haven’t raced, what are you most looking forward to with racing?
I really enjoyed the Warrior Dash. To me, all the obstacles were hard enough to feel challenging but nothing was overwhelming.