I do believe everything in the Bible is true. I believe it is the inspired word of God and contains no mistakes or contradictions.
However, I don’t believe this just because that’s what I’ve been taught. I’ve studied alleged contradictions and mistakes and learned how to compare scripture to scripture and reconcile verses not on wishful thinking, but by applying standards of textual criticism.
As far as “the church” goes, I don’t automatically believe anything a person says. The church of Christ isn’t a denomination in that we have no counsel or convention, no creed book other than the Bible, and all the congregations are autonomous. Because of this, what is taught and practiced can vary a bit from one congregation to another, and I’d never just take a preacher or teacher’s word for something.
- audreyschild777 likes this
- teamagee likes this
- teamagee said: Very well worded answer Nikki!
- snapthistiger likes this
- strengthandlace said: wow, I didn’t know that! I always thought the church of Christ was a denomination.. good to know!
- uhoh-janellio said: Well put, Nikki!
- uhoh-janellio likes this
- deanaisfindinghergroove likes this
- vaellella likes this
- abitofsilliness said: Amen!
- mom-athlete likes this
- icanthelphowcooliam likes this
- betternikki posted this