It’s pretty ironic that you asked this tonight when I’ve done so badly with it lately. Today I ate an entire carton (1.75 qt) of ice cream. I’ve never done that before. The craziest part is that I didn’t even feel full or sick afterwards. That tells you how bad it’s been. I’m debating with myself whether or not I should weigh tomorrow.
There’s actually been very few times that I’ve successfully fought the compulsion. I go through periods of either not being tempted at all or doing it nearly every day.
Strategies I’ve used to fight it:
- Calling someone on my way home so that I can’t call in an order/go through a drive-through without them knowing
- or, if it’s right before I’m planning to run, reminding myself that feeling like I’m going to puke while running is not fun.
- when I remember, I pray, but I sadly often don’t even think of it.
- when I had a goal (to not do it for 30 days) and I would buy a reward at the end (it was a 6n6challenge I am Made of Guts shirt) and reminded myself of the goal (and that I was posting it daily on Tumblr)- This isn’t feasible all the time, and I need to learn to resist without having to post on tumblr every single time.
Things that don’t work:
- calling yourself names
- telling yourself you can work out extra to make up for it
I pray that some day I can beat this for good and that you can, too. It’s so much more than just the unhealthy eating. It’s the dishonesty that kills me.
- run-doozer-run likes this
- kmcforhealth likes this
- reinventingaimee likes this
- imlyndsey likes this
- snapthistiger likes this
- strengthandlace likes this
- inmixedcompany likes this
- irun2eatpizza likes this
- uhoh-janellio likes this
- aweightymatter said: Don’t weigh in!!! As someone really working to beat this/purging/etc. a weigh-in could really throw you off mentally and start it all over. Hang in there… xoxoxo
- happyhealthycook likes this
- icanthelphowcooliam said: Do you tell Jeremy about it? Are you keeping yourself accountable to him? I know my dishonesty eats at me when I keep things from the husband and I know he hates it too. What about the financial aspect? I pray for you about this. Stay strong.
- mariesante said: I respect you honesty so much. Thank you for that.
- lindsaydoeslife likes this
- betternikki posted this