Jeremy had a pretty bad reaction to something, mostly on his legs, last time. We thought it was poison ivy, and took all the precautions this time, but he still got it- and it’s all under his clothes. And it’s so much worse. His legs are covered in sores.
We don’t know what’s causing it, but he was so miserable around lunchtime that I suggested turning around instead of staying for another night. He was hesitant at first, but so glad after a while. It took us almost 2 hours to walk what took us 1 last night.
I was bitten all over by these tiny black bugs-
I counted 25 bites on one arm, and then stopped counting. I also found 21 ticks on me. And it was so hot and humid.
I think we learned our lesson about backpacking in Alabama in July during a heat wave. We probably won’t go again until the fall, mostly because Jeremy is pretty sure his sores are somehow tied to the heat.
We still enjoyed our time together, but this was definitely our least favorite hiking trip. (I’ll still have pictures later, though.)
We just finished getting cleaned up, and very soon we’re going straight to PriMed to see if they can help him.
- teamagee said: 21 ticks!!! Wow! Hope Jeremy feels better soon!
- lifewithkim likes this
- lostweightgainedlove said: Sounds horrible.
- fortheloveofhope said: Yikes! You sure it’s not bed bugs? The bites look similar, and bed bugs look a lot like ticks (seems unusual to find that many ticks). If so, be super careful. They are master hiders and travelers and IMPOSSIBLE to get rid of! Personal experience!
- amyrunning said: I hope they can work out what it is so you can make sure it doesn’t happen again!
- snapthistiger said: 21 sounds like a record!!
- snapthistiger likes this
- thehealthytexan said: Hope Jeremy feels better!!! :/
- thehealthytexan likes this
- reinventingaimee likes this
- iron-inside said: He probably has heat rash
- szeeee likes this
- betternikki posted this