Should I do it the day I run? (As in, I run in the morning and donate in the afternoon, then have a rest day the next day)
Or should I give it on my rest day? I run every other day, so I would run the day after that.
I’m not even sure if I’ll be able to donate. Last time my blood clotted at the hole and I stopped bleeding. (a problem I never had before)
How do y’all usually do it?
- phildoeslife said: I wouldnt, too risky you might pass out!
- snapthistiger answered: i usually give on a rest day. i also find that i feel it for about a week when i push myself doing cardio.
- chubzordestroys answered: If you really want to run, do it before hand. Realize you will need 24-48 hours off, at least.
- lostweightgainedlove likes this
- house-of-bones answered: Water water waterrrr. It’s even more important than eating (though that’s important as well!)
- livewhitediepurple said: I usually exercise in the morning, donate in the afternoon, and rest the next day. I’ve tried to exercise the day after, but donating makes me really light headed and affects my energy, so even the day after it was hard to give very much effort.
- ontherunmama said: Run in the am, HYDRATE, eat well, donate blood and rest. I’ve always been told to not do any strenuous activity for 72 hours.
- runnersbliss answered: rest day :)
- thefyrechief said: Rest day. If you do it the day of - before the run you risk being tired and sluggish - after you will lose whats left of your electrolytes, plus your blood might be tossed in the screening due to protein and muscle breakdown
- full-iron said: Drink lots lots lots of water the day before donating and morning of. Id take off two days of running.
- yo-conozco answered: run in the morning, do it in the late afternoon, rest the day after.
- desertnur5e answered: REST DAY! you need time to rehydrate and dose up on some protein.
- oatsandyoga answered: I think it’s better you take a rest day after donating blood
- lindsaydoeslife answered: i would probably run, give blood, then take a rest day the following day.
- betternikki posted this