That pain I mentioned in my last post has grown worse throughout the day, likely exacerbated by holding Ryland since the left side is my holding arm.
It’s even radiated out so that my right shoulder hurts, too. Hanging up the laundry to dry was not a fun task this evening.
I had a pretty productive day despite the pain and managed to do well again with eating intuitively.
I just really hope it doesn’t prevent me from running.
I guess I’ll keep y’all posted.
“I think white flats would have worked perfectly with the dress :) You have a white tanktop on and white flats would have matched with it, plus it would have worked with the dress, white goes without about everything.”
I do have white sandals I could wear with it. I’ve done brown espadrilles and boots in the winter. I just like to change things up. Sometimes it works and sometimes not so much.
“you shouldn’t be depressed, people have it worse than you”
finally, after years of searching, the person with the worst life ever is found. formally, they are granted permission to be sad. but only them. only they have earned it. no sads for anyone else at all ever
I really wanted to do some strength stuff (abs/squats) today, too, but I got this pain between my left shoulder blade & my spine while I was sleeping last night. If I can’t get that worked out, I better not do anything that might strain my back (well, besides carrying Ryland).
and just to keep track of my year totals, I’m up to 91/365 running miles and 340/730 total. I have 274 miles left to run and 228 days to do it. I started with 302 days to run 365, so I’m slowly closing the gap.
Good mornin’ from Ryland & me!
Oh, and in addition to the 1/2 mile of walking to & from the splash pad and the running yesterday, this happened:
So over 5 miles total for yesterday.
I think a switch flipped in my brain yesterday. Here’s hoping I can keep it balanced and not let it swing to far the other way.
But really, I did SO WELL eating intuitively yesterday (besides letting myself get too hungry twice while out). I went to Starbucks to finish off a gift card & apply for All Kids insurance for Ryland, and realized that the lunch I had at home was not enough, so I got a cookie and savored it.
Last night, after I ate my dinner (leftover veggie bean soup I had frozen), I waited to see if I needed to eat more or not. After 5 minutes, I felt that I was fine for the time being. Later, I was hungry again, and wanted ice cream, so I had a small bowl (I like to use ramekins for ice cream), and filled the rest of the space in my stomach with a string cheese and homegrown strawberries.
“That outfit doesn't match with the shoes, but it doesn't necessarily look really bad. The shoes would look fabulous with some lighter (beige, I think) pants, although you probably shouldn't take my advice because I wear sneakers with near-formal dresses.”
Thanks for the tip. I really did want honest opinions.
In fact, I’d take honest opinions on just about all of my outfits when I’m not sure about them. I often just throw things together and hope they work. It’s kind of been my stand by since 7th grade (18 years ago, woah), and I tried to copy the other girl’s outfits with hand-me-downs and a few new things from clearance racks.
Today, before running, we met our friends downtown at the splash pad in the Alabama Riverwalk.
Ryland wasn’t too fond about it. The water wasn’t nice & warm like his bathtub.
I actually meant to run before going, but Ryland’s morning nap was a bit later (and went longer) than usual, so I didn’t get a chance. This meant that it was noon when I started, it was hot, and I was hungry.
I ended up with 2.27 miles in 21:51. I ran in the closest (and hilliest) neighborhood. Oh, and I ran it all without even a stretch break, which is a stroller record.
By the time I got home, I was a bit shaky with hunger, but I ate my leftovers as planned, waited to see if that filled me, ate an apple, waited again, and ate some peanuts. I think I’m all right now.
Then there’s those of us who still have free TV, no home internet, free-with-a-contract phones with the most basic plans w/o a landline, and don’t go out to eat.
When it comes to food, we do what we can, but organic is typically out of the question unless there’s a pretty awesome sale and/or coupon.
Jeremy said that he didn’t think the dress & shoes worked together. I’ve told him in the past to let me know if something I wear doesn’t work.I was wanting other (honest) opinions, so I’m posting this from last night.
Monday’s run and yesterday’s quick cycle:
I’m still not really eating intuitively. I keep thinking, “I’m about to give up in IE, and go back to only eating super healthy with occasional treats when I deserve them.” Then I remember that the way I’ve been eating (more that I’m hungry for, when I’m not even hungry, impulse foods that probably aren’t really what I want) isn’t eating intuitively, and what I really need to do is listen to my body.
But it’s still hard to look at myself in the mirror and in pictures and know that the extra 10-15 lbs (depending on when we’re counting from) could be gone in less than a month if I tried.
So about the dress & shoes?
“TAG! State 15 facts about yourself and pass it on to 15 of the nicest tumblr users <3”
Okay… It’ll be hard not to tell things I’ve mentioned before, so please forgive any repeats.
- I was in Girl Scouts from kindergarten to 7th grade. I only quit because I hated selling cookies, especially when I was older. My parents said I couldn’t be in GS any more unless I sold cookies, so I quit.
- I’m also the only person in my high school’s history to be inducted into (and kicked out of) Beta Club twice. I was inducted in 10th grade and kicked out because I didn’t sell donuts. Then I was re-invited in 12th grade. It was actually against the rules, but it was somehow overlooked that I had been in it before. Once, again, I was kicked out for not selling donuts. I thought it was dumb that you had to sell stuff to be in an honor’s society.
- I never applied to NHS even though I qualified because they did lots of fundraisers (are you seeing a pattern?).
- I was inducted into Alpha Chi Honor Society in college. You get lifetime membership and can never be kicked out. ever.
- I’m the first woman in my dad’s family to graduate from college.
- I’ve only ever wanted to be a teacher and a mom.
- I never had allergies until I moved to Montgomery.
- I like to make up songs. I’ve made 1 for Jeremy, 2 for Ryland (I’ve posted videos of both of them), 6 praise songs, and set a poem my mom wrote to music.
- I’ve painted a flower on my big toenails ever since 9th grade.
- I haven’t run a race since the half marathon in October, and I probably won’t get to for several more years. :(((((
- I’m also not going to get to go to camp this year for the first time in 6 years. :(((((
- But the reason for 10 & 11 is Ryland, so that (sort of) makes it okay.
- When I was 2, I would pull up the eyelids of my baby brother while he was sleeping, among other things that I didn’t know were mean.
- Right now is the longest I’ve gone since high school without doing anything to the color of my hair.
- My signature move in college was the sprinkler. Not that we did any real dancing.
And I’ll have figure out the 15 nicest people that angel didn’t tag already.
Candid shots my dad took while at Red Lobster Sunday.
Just in case you wondered what I looked like when not posing/wanted to see more pics of Ryland.
In the middle, you can see Ryland drinking from a cup for the first time.
Shark week is extra rough this time around
Anybody else have x-kit and have xim?
I just downloaded the new version today since most of missing-e doesn’t work any more anyway.
My first Mother’s Day in a nutshell:
- My parents got to our house around 6:30 Saturday night. We ate the pork roast, potatoes, spinach salad, and homemade apple crisp.
- Ryland ate pork, potatoes, and spineaches.
- Jeremy surprised me with this card that he and Ryland made. I came in the kitchen, and Ryland was pulled up on a chair. Jeremy said, “Hey, Nikki. What does Ryland have a hold of?” It was the card. So sweet.
- Sunday, we went to church. I clipped a tie on Ryland for the first time. We ran out of time to get pictures with my mom. :( I’ll steal some from facebook when my dad posts them.
- Ryland’s pants kept falling off even though they’re 3-6 mo. size. his shirt is 12 mo. He is 8 mo.
- We went to Red Lobster for lunch, and I was HONGRAY. So I honored my hunger and ate a 3rd cheddar bay biscuit after finishing my food (I had a small lunch portion of shrimp and broccoli).
- My parents left from the restaurant because they had to make it back to the other side of Atl. to pick up their foster child before evening worship.
- Jeremy’s parents, brothers, and brother’s GF got to our house a little before 4. We hung out until time for evening worship.
- Afterwards, we went to Jason’s Deli to eat.
- Ryland was a champ getting so much attention from people who are pretty much strangers to him. He stared at them all serious at first, but warmed up within 10 minutes.
p.s.Jeremy, the master photographer, took this gem that I had to share: